Tuesday 18 December 2012

Something I made


Toward the end of last week we had our Patchwork Group Christmas Dinner. We each took a gift to swap and I made up the jar, pictured above. It had layers made up of hot chocolate powder, instant coffee and sugar (raw). To finish it was topped with mini pink and white marshmallows. It became a talking point when opened.


I had a huge bucket of frozen berries to play with (thanks Little Bro), so I made jam (lots), and Crumble which we enjoyed last night, smoothies and tomorrow I plan to make a pie with the last of them.

Last week I cooked a leg of lamb for the four of us and there was plenty leftover. I pulled out a recipe that I had not made for a while. It would be a good one for leftover cold meat around Christmas so I have shared the recipe with you below. It is delicious and reasonably simple to make. It feeds 6 good serves; I cut it back a bit so I did not have any leftovers and it fed the four of us comfortably...Dot


Cold Meat Pie
1 Tb arrowroot flour
1 Tb curry powder
2 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper
500g thinly sliced cold cooked meat (lamb, beef or chicken)
250g pumpkin, 4 potatoes, 2 medium sweet potatoes, 1 onion - all thinly sliced.
(I used a slicer: beware of the blade)
1/2 bunch spinach, silver beet or kale, de-stalked
1 cup vegetable stock

Mix flour, curry powder, salt and pepper into a bowl. Dip each slice of meat in seasoned flour. Grease a large casserole dish and line with layers of potato, meat, sweet potato, spinach, pumpkin, onion. Repeat layers finishing with potato. Pour over stock, cover and bake for approximatly 1 hour on 180 deg (160 deg if fan forced).
Serve with green peas.





No comments:

Post a Comment