Wednesday 19 June 2019

Chocolate


Welcome back to a new week. We are still getting a bit of rain but at the same time plenty of sunshine. So today the clothes are outside on the line and will be aired inside overnight. This morning the temperature was a low 1 degree. Oh dear, and you could feel it. 





One of the jobs on my list this week after returning from the weekend away, was to get my small stool out to enable me to stick my head right in the cupboards. Things move about slightly in travel and it is always good to get them tidy again and at the same time see what you can remove to use or discard. I have a pile sitting on the sideboard that needs using. In the mix was some chocolate. We have not used chocolate for a while and so I found some recipes up and started to bake with it. 





First off the list was Raspberry Chocolate Brownie. I had some for breakfast with coffee. Delicious. The base has cocoa powder in it along with melted dark chocolate.

I still need to make Chocolate Bliss balls and Strawberry Choc chip muffins. I chop chocolate bars up for the bits in the muffins. Perfect, and works out cheaper. 

You can only have so much cake on the go at once so when the brownie is about to run out I will bake the next goody.






I made this using chocolate recently. You divide a punnet of raspberries in a glass, top with double cream and melted chocolate. Mmmmm.  Nice to finish dinner with.





I have been venturing outside most evenings and taking a pic of the sunset. Sometimes I miss it. I nearly have to set a reminder. Gosh!!! But I have got a few shots and sent them to my family. This Saturday is the shortest day and so the days will gradually get longer. 


All the best to you and yours ... Dot 









No comments:

Post a Comment