Tuesday 7 October 2014

Whirlwind

Hello

It has been like a whirlwind here the past few days in more ways than one. At present the wind is whistling outside and it has been reported that the wind speed got up to 147km per hour through the night. Thankfully we have no damage done, just lost a compost bin lid. Someone forgot to put the brick back on it and I am wondering if we will find it. 

The weather has turned and we have had copious amounts of rain and wind.


Vegi Garden update: During a lunch break hubby got another load of soil and in the afternoon I shoveled it into the boxes and hubby joined me later to help finish them off. 


He drilled some holes into the sides of the boxes and threaded through some rubber coated cable he found under the house to divide each bed into 4 x 2 squares. 

I have not been able to get out to plant yet, but plan to as soon as the weather allows.

In the meantime we relocated our daughter to her rental. Hubby and I found some muscles we forgot about. Then daylight savings kicked in and so today I am feeling a little tired.

Never mind.....




...I received 2 lovely handwritten letters in the mail today. 

And I also picked up...


my favourite magazine. 

I am off to relax with a cuppa and read it...Dot


No comments:

Post a Comment