Monday 9 February 2015

Keeping It Simple

Hello and welcome to another week.

I woke up this morning and looked outside and everything was wet. While we soundly slept the sky had opened up and given us a bit of rain. Nice to see.


Hubby is still pottering about over the weekend and fixing this and replacing that. He has sanded and painted doors and replaced door handles and switches that were really old. While the weather is warm it is great for drying paint and varnish. 

To help with the renovating costs (it does add up, and we often find something extra to do), I decided to make February a NO SPEND month. This means buying only what you need and using up what you have on hand. This certainly brings out the creativeness in us and we are having a lot of fun. 

Meal planning is always interesting and I like to use recipes with minimal ingredients yet high on taste.


This was YUMMY!!!. This recipe and many others that use 5 ingredients or less are found 
here. I used lentils this time around. Next time I will use chicken. 

I have some more simple recipes to try this week and look forward to it.


Something else I tried over the weekend was to make an easy pizza. After making dough and spreading that with tomato paste I put all my toppings in the Thermomix and blended them for 5 seconds on speed 10. Our topping consisted of an array of ingredients that needed using up: lamb, tomato, red onion, cheese, broccolini, capsicum, eggplant and a mushroom. It was very tasty and we have leftovers for lunch today. 

mmmm...lunch

Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment