Wednesday 29 August 2018

Bills to pay




Good morning.

When I awoke today and looked at my phone, the opening screen stated temperature at 0. You could feel it, the sun was out, but things were covered in frost outside. It's going to be a beaut day and the clothes will dry, but there are bills to pay!

No matter what, we can be assured that the bills will come in and how do we handle them? Our power bill came last week and we fully expected it to increase over the cold months so we allow for it in our budget. There was an increase in charges as well.
The envelope was opened and we read the huge amount to pay, looked at each other and agreed that we kept warm. No more was said, what could you do, just pay it!

We have kept a budget for years and it works. I sit down at the beginning of each month and juggle it.

I remember when we first thought of the concept of budgeting, we just didn't know where to start. So I found a small spiral-bound notebook and wrote down everything we spent for the month and I was really surprised. We had no idea what was being spent and we could see that we could make some cuts in some areas so our income total was more than our spending total. 

And today, we have been budgeting for many years and I am not saying it is something to take lightly and its not always easy. We know exactly what we are spending, we don't make big purchases unless the money is there and we have saved for it and we work at it. It is a good habit to get into and allows for less worry. 


And I pray, a lot, about everything. My Father above is absolutely interested in all things from the biggest to the smallest and I happily converse with Him about them.

This weekend is a perfect one for doing the budget as the bank statements will come in on Friday night and Saturday is the first day of a new month. Pull up a coffee and join with me to make plans for the next month. 

Food for thought ... keep smiling ... Dot 

No comments:

Post a Comment