Monday 6 January 2014

Happenings Every Day

Certain things are taken up each day in our home and not one day is the same, it holds a variety of events. I may have a visitor (which I did today) and they were welcomed during our lunch break while I made us all a cup of coffee. There was lots of laughter, which is good for the soul.
Sometimes the weather is not favorable and its hard to get outside (today we have gusts of up to 70kms or so). Hubby insisted I lay in a little this morning as the wind kept us awake during the night, so I climbed out an hour or so later. Today the washing is staying where it is until a fine day. The forecast promises sunny weather for the rest of the week. It is hard to imagine that tomorrow is going to be so different from today. The wind is fairly rocking things about outside and to listen to it puts you a bit on edge. 


There is always dishes to wash. I have a routine at the moment where I wash, rinse and pile them on the drainer to dry. I wipe (or delegate someone to help me) the cutlery and put that away before I leave the sink. The dry dishes are put away before the next meal is commenced. It works well with a family of 4 or 5 (this will change soon).

Every morning the coffee machine is making a hot cuppa for hubby and I before he heads off to work. I look forward to this time together each day (mini date).


Each day I check the forecast on my phone to see if what I have planned will work in. Yesterday we wanted to bring our bikes back from 'out of town'. D2 and I rode them out a few weeks ago. I think we would have found ourselves blown off the bike. Maybe next week will be suit. 

Until next time....Dot



No comments:

Post a Comment