Monday 13 January 2014

Makes Me Smile

Lots of things make me smile but there are some things that not only make me smile but fill me with joy inside at the same time. Who doesn't like to receive mail? Today was a good day for me in that department and also I was able to collect some more yummy produce from the garden. 


I now have some lovely cotton yarn in my stash that I have wanted to work with for some time. I have collected some patterns and plan to get into this soon to make gifts for birthdays and Christmas. 


The raspberry patch is slowing down now. About every four days I pop out there and get a few to eat fresh. I have managed to put a nice lot away in the freezer to make jam. From memory, I think the raspberries come around a second time in a few weeks. I certainly hope so. 


The peas have been very welcome on our plates. Tonight I am cooking them up with carrots, beans and new potatoes to accompany lamb chops. I have set the table outside as it is cooler out there to eat.

Must go get the webber out....Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment