Monday 18 August 2014

18th August

Today marks the day of my mother's birthday. She would have turned 72 today. Her twin brother is still with us but I have not seen him for a while. I often see his wife and daughter around town.

It is so nice to have two of my daughters home at present. We had a family dinner last night and 10 of us enjoyed a yummy meal. We had Cold Meat Pie, peas, Mushroom Risotto and crayfish salad with homemade mayo (my mum's recipe which my brother made). For dessert D3 suggested I make the Thermomix recipe for Sticky date pudding. We served it with icecream and everyone enjoyed it. 



We all sat around the table and as always had a wonderful noisy time. 




D3 asked me to make a pot of chicken soup. It was very easy to make and delicious. Here is the recipe:


Chicken Vegetable Soup
2 carrots
1 parsnip
1 swede
3 large sticks celery
2 onions
500g diced chicken
2 litres stock

Dice celery and onion. Grate the remainder of the vegetables. Place all in a large pot, bring to boil and simmer until cooked. 
Option: 10 mins prior to cooked add some soba noodles. 

On Saturday hubby was in a 'repair' mood and fixed a dodgy door handle, then spent quite a while on the coffee machine replacing some seals and giving it a real good service.


It works so much better. Next time I don't think we will leave it as long before a service. It's like new!!


 I am currently working on crocheting a baby blanket. I will keep you updated with progress. It should not take long as it moves about with me and is easy to to. 

Off to do some more.....Dot (wait for it, I just heard the popcorn machine, we are in for a treat)







No comments:

Post a Comment