Wednesday 25 November 2015

Stir Fry


Hello. My friends came back to visit the other day. They seem to do this on a weekly basis. Cute!!!


I made up a new batch of soap and it is drying very well by the window. 



And today it is forecast RAIN. We had 8mm during the night which everyone is pleased about.


The garden is enjoying the rain. Our hedge has been trimmed nicely. 


Toodah!!! This is my favourite cookbook at the moment. We have been enjoying many recipes from it and they are so easy to make. The key is to prepare ingredients ahead of time. This book was gifted to me a few years back and I had not used it much until now and each recipe lists the kilojoule amount which I like.  

Below is one recipe I have made before and will be making again over the next couple of days. 
I just need to buy myself some broccoli and mushrooms.

Have a great week ... Dot :-)

Vegetables with Honey and Soy
1 tb sesame seeds
1 tb oil
1 ts sesame oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 ts grated fresh ginger
2 spring onions, sliced
250g broccoli, cut into small florets
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
1 yellow capsicum, cut into thin strips
150g mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup pitted black olives, halved
1 tb soy sauce
1 tb honey
1 tb sweet chilli sauce

1.Toast sesame seeds and put aside. Heat a wok, add the oils along with garlic, ginger and spring onions. Cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the broccoli, capsicum, mushrooms and olives. Stir fry for a few minutes until vegetables are just tender. 
3. Combine the soy sauce, honey and chilli sauce in a bowl. Pour over vegetables and toss lightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve. 

Serves 4 (550kj/130 cal per serve)




No comments:

Post a Comment