Tuesday 26 January 2016

Australia Day

Good morning!
It's a holiday here today in Australia and so no alarms were set last night but we were awake during the early hours to the welcome sound of buckets of heavy rain on the roof. We laid in and when we looked outside it was no nice to see everything very wet.


At the dining table I completed the coverered coathanger and then made up a cushion cover front. It is not quite dry from the blocking session but tomorrow I should be able to take it down to my studio and complete it. 


Now at the table I have started a baby pram blanket using V-stitch. As you can see I am carrying the colours up the side so this should make it easy the put an edge on it. It is a quick project as I am using 10ply wool.


On my list has been this breakfast idea and I finally had it this morning. It is a Salted Caramel Chia Pudding. And, oh my, it is delicious. I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it simpler and so here it is.

Before bed:
Place 3 Tb chia seeds in a 400ml can of coconut milk in a bowl in the fridge overnight.

Next morning: serve up in a bowl or large glass. Top with banana and add some caramel. 

Caramel: Mix together 3 Tb tahini paste, 2 Tb maple syrup and a good pinch of salt.

There is enough mixture here for 2 large serves or 3 small ones. I have it all to myself so I have breakfast organised for the next 2 mornings. Mmmhm!



For lunch today we are having a zucchini slice. We have been given a few zucchinis and so I have a few old favourite recipes to cook them up in and found a few new ones to try. 

Anyhow, until next week, have a great day... Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment