Tuesday 21 November 2017

Use up


Hello and welcome to another post. Today I want to talk about using up 'stuff'. There comes a time in the kitchen when you NEED to use up something before it either hits the 'use by' date (which is more the norm here) or you have just ran out of room in your pantry and need to down size a little.

We have had a few too many walnuts, so where I would normally use almonds in our pancakes, I replaced them with walnuts and wow, did they taste different but GOOD. (We still have walnuts.
)




Behind our Thermomix, against the wall, there is a line up of Kale powder, Maca powder, coconut flakes and more than two lots of protein powder. So we have been having smoothies, all flavours, most mornings for the last couple of weeks. As the weather is warmer it is welcome for breakfast. 






Last week I pulled out my cotton supplies and have been making some lighter weight snoods for summer.





This one I completed today is made of beautiful bits and pieces of merino soft yarn. 



That's it for another week. I was late posting today as half way through my laptop needed to be scanned. Took nearly 5 hours to do so. 

Have a great week ... Dot 


No comments:

Post a Comment