Wednesday 13 March 2019

Cleaning Products



I am sure you have found as I have, that certain things in a group run out at the same time. Recently my cleaning products all needed restocking. I make most things where I can and so out came the recipes. 




I made a batch of soap. This needs to be turned every other day and is cured in several weeks. 




With making cleaning products, there are numerous recipes available. I have tested many and have settled on ones that are simple and cheap to make. For dish washing powder I use 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup baking soda and 1 cup of citric acid. I use white vinegar in the rinse cycle and the cleaning process is wonderful. 





In the laundry I prefer to use powder. I combine a mix of 1 cup of Lux flakes, 1/2 cup washing soda and 1/2 cup borax. Sometimes I add a few drops of essential oils and sometimes I double the recipe. 




Yesterday my daughter arrived with a batch of brownies. I enjoyed a piece today with a cup of Orange & Cinnamon tea. Delicious.


That's all for today. Be good ... Dot 






No comments:

Post a Comment