Monday 17 November 2014

Cooking

What's cooking, good looking!!!

Thought I would share a few things I have cooked up this past week. I made the Tofu Stir Fry. Hubby suggested that maybe next time I could pre-fry the tofu before adding. Of course, you could substitute tofu for chicken.




Tofu Stir Fry (serves 2-3)
375g firm tofu, diced
2 Tb oil
1 onion, diced
2 sticks celery,diced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
good handful beans, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed or diced
1 ts curry powder
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tb cornflour
1 Tb honey
pepper and salt to taste

Heat oil in fry pan and saute onion, garlic, celery, capsicum and green beans for 3 minutes. Add tofu and stir into pan with curry powder. Add salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix stock, cornflour and honey. Add this after vegetables are cooked to your liking.
Serve with rice.


I made up a huge amount of Spagetti Bolognaise. This is usually asked for around birthday time and if we haven't made it for a while. I converted this recipe to make in my Thermomix but basically it is just cooking up some spaghetti noodles and placing them in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Make up a bolognaise sauce using 500g mince, and also adding some celery and grated carrot. Spread this mixture over the top of the noodles and top it with a cheese sauce. I then grate some parmesan on top and cook in a moderate over for 30 minutes or until you see it bubbling around the edges. (note: the celery and carrot are grated well in the processor)

I found some Orange Butter Cream in the freezer and so I made up a lemon butter cake and topped it with toasted almonds.


Until next week, happy cooking...Dot



No comments:

Post a Comment