Tuesday 26 May 2015

Good Times

Hello everyone. Trust you all are well and happy!!!
We are in the last week of May and where has it gone. I know that when you are busy time flies but at the same time we have had some good times this month. 


During the week I celebrated my birthday and this year I chose to make my Rock Cakes for myself (I did share them). I stayed home and the day was spent with times of skype with family along with family calling in. It was a wonderful day and I was spoilt!



It's hard to see, but there is a cup fall of hot chia tea in that cup. I have developed my own recipe for the tea. I tried a few different concoctions this week but this is by far the favourite. If you have a steamer on a coffee machine, you are set. In a steamer jug I put 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste. I choose a cup and fill it to just over half with choice of milk. Steam will be added to the milk and so if you get the measurement right it will come nicely to the top of the cup. Add the milk to the jug along with some honey (I use 2 teaspoons) and steam using a thermometer to 80 degrees. I like it hot so this temperature suits me fine to enjoy straight away. 

Have a go making your own. It's yummy!


I have made another facecloth for hubby and yet another dish cloth for D2. She would like a few more and I still have some wool left so its fun making them up in different colour combinations. 


And I couldn't help myself especially when I found a little packet of buttons that I forgot I had. They were perfect for finishing of some owls. 

It's very foggy here today. The only view I have out the window is the roof of the house next door. 

Oh well....Dot 

No comments:

Post a Comment