Monday 1 September 2014

Spring

WooooHoooo!!! Spring is here and the sun is gone. Last week we had a wonderful week of sun and it got quite warm. Last night we went to bed with a gentle rain on the roof. It was lovely. Today it is dull and wet. Not windy, which is great and I have to say that I don't mind as I know there are more sunny days to come. 

For a while now, I have had it on my mind to make my own deodorant. I was getting low last week and so I thought I would get it and make some. It has proved to be successful and I am more than happy with the results. 


So I now make my own face cloths, soap and deodorant. 

Here is the recipe:

Deodorant
6 Tb coconut oil
4 Tb baking soda
4 Tb arrowroot powder

In a medium bowl, mix together powders then mash in coconut oil with a fork until well mixed together. Store in a glass jar that makes it easy to use. eg: with a wide mouth. 

And there you have it. In a warmer climate (D1 and D3) you will find it easier to use from the jar that I do here. I have to pick some out and warm it in my fingers to apply. 


Hubby and I have been shopping. What could this possibly mean? Bit of renovating?

Stay tuned.....Dot 

No comments:

Post a Comment