Tuesday 31 March 2015

End of Month etc

Hmm, it's Tuesday, and you might have guessed I was busy yesterday. I was. D2 and I took hubby's car up the coast for a service. We took the day to have together and it was well spent. We hit the movies, checked out the shops and found some bargains. We left early so we made a day of it having our meals out as we pleased. 



We watched Cinderella and it was well done. We had a few laughs. I am keen to watch That Sugar film now. 



Recently I picked a tip on how to make garter stitch edges neat. I wanted to try it out, so I knitted D2 a dish cloth and the edge was able to be easily crocheted around with single crochet to give it a nice finish. 

Tip: Slip first stitch of every row purl-wise with your yarn in front, then move yarn to back and continue knitting. Amazing!!

If you are like me, you would be keen to give it a go. You will be pleasantly surprised.


I needed to make a gift for a new little girl to put in my stash, so I decided to crochet a beanie.


Awwh!! I left it on my dining table and every one who has popped by loves it. Look out grand daughters, I have already started one for you. I have a pattern that covers 3months - 10 years old, and remember I have that wonderful basket full of beautiful colours.


My mother-in-law picked me some fresh mushrooms. I am going to make mushroom sauce with them tonight for dinner.

This week marks the end of another month and also the end of our daylight savings period. Thankfully we have a few days off over Easter which will help us to get used to the changes. 

Happy Easter everyone. Go easy on the chocolate ... Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment